Saturday, November 26

[Indulgence] Excorcism of Emily Rose

I watched "Excorcism of Emily Rose" in the cinema this afternoon.
I thought that you might know it - I was crying and sneezing and not sneezing because I'm cold.

It touched me, deeply, throughout the whole movie.

This is the epitaph on Emily's grave:
"Work out your salvation with fear and trembling." (Phil 2:12)
The quote below is taken from Grace Place - Work Out Your Salvation.
"To work out your own salvation is to solve by means of going to the very source of our salvation, going into the Word to renew our hearts and minds and to come into His presence with "fear and trembling." The fear spoken here in NOT a fear of running from God, but a different type of fear, a "reverence". A fear of not knowing that causes us to seek God and His presence. "Trembling" refers to a shaking due to weakness, but this is also a weakness of higher purpose-a weakness that brings us to depend on God."
But my weakness caused me to run away from God. I cried because I know He hasn't and never ever gave up on me, even though I ran away.

I cried, because I know that I'm not on the right path now, I didn't feel like that - like Erin did, but I did had that feeling before. I did.

I cried, because God has always been there for me, and I turned my back, so that I wouldn't notice Him.

I cried, for my weakness and faithless inside.

I cried, because it reminded me of Your first miracle to me when I was 10, when I was praying - or more like talking to you sincerely in my kiddy ways.

I cried, because I miss God.

My weakness leads to the devil in me, I will try to walk on the right path again - I just need time, to regain my courage inside. 愿主永远与我同在。

Thank you for guiding me to watch this movie. Thank you. It has always been your way to communicate with me.

奉主耶稣之名,阿门。

3 Comments:

Blogger emmajeans murmured...

I find it confusing when people don't believe that God (The Universe/The Supreme Other/Great Spirit) communicates directly to us puny humans through popular culture, the media, the radio, random moments of beauty and overheard conversations.
Home is still a long way away, but you're already there. Breathe. There are a million people who care about you and love you.

November 27, 2005 3:05 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

Thank you, emma. <:)

November 28, 2005 9:19 am  
Blogger Janet Y. murmured...

liwen, beautiful post!(although i have to admit that show didn't give me the same message. it scared the freak out of me!)Believe in the love of God. Muaks :)

December 02, 2005 5:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home