Tuesday, October 11

[Indulgence] Fix Me

Fix You - Coldplay

When you try your best but you don't succeed
When you get what you want but not what you need
When you feel so tired but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

I felt like crying after hearing the song on Mix FM. I was studying Biology. My stomach was aching. There was a bottle of water on the table. It was quiet. There was only Coldplay singing to me.

Maybe I am broken and I was just grateful that I heard the voice saying that it was going to get me fixed.

4 Comments:

Blogger emmajeans murmured...

Someone offering to fix you is like the whole white knight fantasy. Or the 'happily ever after' fairy tale.
Just doesn't exist.
And when you're feeling strong, you don't want it to exist, either. Not really. Not with all the strings that would need to be attached, all the conditions that would need to apply.

October 14, 2005 8:39 am  
Blogger lili murmured...

A knight fights for the princess, protects her, and loves her forever. But he couldn't fix anything. All fairy tales end in one way. So it does not interest me.

I just need someone who can stand by me. Understanding my needs, fixing my broken limbs. And leaves when he thinks he have to. A tailor, a dentist, or a plumber is what I need, someone who can only fix.

I'm strong, but not strong enough to break away from the metal chains and cage and walls. But I'm going to break them, just a little bit more, and I shall be free.

October 14, 2005 1:19 pm  
Blogger emmajeans murmured...

Unconditional love is the best way to fix things.

Sometimes when people try to fix others, they actually try to rebuild the person in their own image. "let's just improve upon that old thing and install something that will work a *lot* better."

But when you love something when it is broken and worn and less than perfect (like my old teddy bear!) the imperfections and broken pieces become charming and beautiful.
It is the hardest thing in the world to love oneself unconditionally, though, isn't it!

(I understand though, about feeling broken. Well, I understand how it feels for me.)

October 15, 2005 4:33 am  
Blogger lili murmured...

Perhaps you're right.

But love heals, and hurts at the same time.

The only unconditional love that I know, is my mama's love to me.

October 15, 2005 7:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home