Sunday, July 10

[Life] Shooh.

It seems like I'm getting more and more reserved, self-defending. I read through my old diaries and journals, they just sounded different. It's not only that I've lost all my childhood imaginations but also my willingness to share and to help. I used to write letters to my juniors when I think that they are lost and they need encouragement to stand up again. I like to play that kind of role.

"Yes, I'm always here with you, don't worry."

Bah. Well, I'm not, not anymore. I'm tired of all these. Although I felt satisfied and happy when I see they reply me with their confidence and walk on straight paths. I do what my seniors did to me. Thank you, I really appreciate them. I was proud of my once caring and helpful and responsible personality.

But people change, as time flows. People grow and people learn. The eagerness and willingness to do something will be lesser and lesser. People get more and more self-centered. People are individualistic and materialistic, I say, practical.

"What does your problem has to do with me? You go away and rot. I can't help you. I'm busy and I've got much to do."

Take a look at your feet. Weren't there some hard and coarse skin under your toes and your heels? I believed that most people who write, they are some parts of the hand with those too. This is because your tender skin before couldn't stand the stress and pain that the output causes, that's why a new thick and senseless layer is grown to protect you. This is our nature. That's why we protect ourselves by not involving too much in others' lives, and not contributing too much sympathy for others. Even robbers and rapists like to misuse sympathy and kindness of people. And the beggars on the roads, someone send them here, I know. The people behind them took the money, and not for the handicapped beggars.

"I don't want to care so much. It does me no good, I don't care if you'll thank me or not, but I don't want to waste my time for this/for you."

"Give me a reason why should I help you."


"What for? It's not like you're giving me money for all this trouble."


I'm turning into someone like this I think. I'm not the goody-goody friend or whoever anymore. Don't mess with me. I need my time. I need to do something for myself. I've had enough. Don't ask me for help. Nobody helps me when I need help. And I don't ask for help. So don't ask me to help you.

Don't worry, I know that there are times that I will need you and you will need me. I'm co-operative in times like this. Don't expect me to be good friends with you. Don't expect to get anything free from me. I mean it. I'll be lonely. So what?

At least nobody hurts me. And I hurt nobody. Since there will always be a distance between you and me.

20 Comments:

Blogger lili murmured...

To make this clear, I'm not that mean until I could cause a conflict with everyone. It's just that I'll do what I should do, like I'll flash you a slight smile to show my courtesy. So I won't hurt anyone.

The penguins from Madagascar said "smile and wave, smile and wave," I say, smile and shooh, smile and shooh.

Ahahah.

July 10, 2005 3:06 pm  
Blogger artreyu murmured...

will u shooh me away...hehe no worries...u will start to see things from a different perspective when u get older..but that doesn't mean u're any different from wat u were when u're a kid..just that..u're indifferent liao...well come..young adult..hahaha...

July 10, 2005 3:31 pm  
Blogger artreyu murmured...

its..welcome to the adult world..young adult

July 10, 2005 3:32 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

I'll smile to you.
I'll stand on my ground.
I'll just let the escalator of time to bring me to your world. Slowly.

July 11, 2005 2:00 pm  
Blogger michelle murmured...

Heh. Being too nice really does just bring you loadsa sh*t most of the time. And when people realise that you ARE actually too nice, they get used to it and so you become OBLIGATED to continue to be nice to them. It's like part of responsibility already. Even if you didn't have to be nice and do all the extra stuff for them IN THE FIRST PLACE. Heh.

A friend once told me that. I saw the sense in it.

And yet somehow I failed to practise it. Now I'm forced to bear a whole loada responsibility which wasn't mine in the first place. Heh.

July 11, 2005 4:31 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

I can always be mean if I want.

July 11, 2005 7:24 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

See?
People tend to protect themselves, rather than to open their hearts to others. Everyone is selfish.

人不为己,天诛地灭。

July 12, 2005 1:54 pm  
Blogger Cuixia murmured...

natural defence mechanism... protect yourself rather than conflicting others in a fight i guess..

July 12, 2005 6:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous murmured...

>"<...

>"<...

>"<...


在自己能力範圍內 所能夠的
都會付出..

總覺得 每一次付出的同時 都得到很多很多
甚至是意料之外的回報..

還是我過於容易滿足?:p

..................................

很多時候 我情願被傷害
也不願傷害人 >"<

被傷害 我確定我能站起來~
傷害人 內疚一輩子都好不起來


寧可天下人負我..
所以 寄予幫助 不求助於人。

不是偉大 只是不想遺憾
只是不想內疚

確實 人還是自私的。

July 12, 2005 9:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous murmured...

sigh... do we have to come to this?

July 13, 2005 12:12 am  
Blogger lili murmured...

说的也是。
再看情况吧,如果我真的能够像曹操般潇洒该多好。我宁负天下人,也不要天下人负我。

Hmm why, isn't it quite a fact?

July 14, 2005 1:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous murmured...

A fact because you make it to be or.......?

July 14, 2005 1:26 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

I believe what I believe in.
When I think that it's a fact, then it is (to me).

July 14, 2005 1:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous murmured...

From a sociologist point of view, what you think is just a 'belief'. Only when the whole world agrees with you does that belief transcends into a fact.
And self defense mechanism doesn't make you immune to pain and hurt, it only makes you able to pretend that you don't care.

July 15, 2005 3:53 pm  
Blogger Lulu murmured...

I am losing a grip of myself lately also, can't even find the strength to write something for my blog like I normally would have. Everyone has their ups and downs; you haven’t lost yourself, just its hiding somewhere you can’t find. Somehow, somewhere, you will find yourself again...

July 15, 2005 4:48 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

Janet:
Yes, and that's why religions exist. And that's why science exists. But since nobody can prove the theories and laws are wrong, so science is the fact.

Quote - "I believe what I believe in.
When I think that it's a fact, then it is (to me). 14/7/05 1:39 PM"

That is why I put 'to me' in brackets.

Louise:
Thank you. I will search it in my very own well. I think it's somewhere there.

July 15, 2005 7:51 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

Thanks Ryan. I should be grateful for what I've been through after all. And may people thank me for giving them lessons.

July 16, 2005 9:16 am  
Blogger Joanne murmured...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

July 21, 2005 8:19 pm  
Blogger Joanne murmured...

hey li wen xue jie.. well... sum times i really do agree of wad u're trying to say.. its that if u be nice to some1.. like do anything for them.. they'll juz "climb" on u and get worst.. and in fact ask for more.. its like wad i'm getting in return now.. so these days i'll try to say "NO" instead of "OKAY".. but sumtimes its juz too hard to say "NO".. juz too hard..
trying to get out of this.. but its juz too~~~ hard..
anyways... u dun hv to be that "mean"... coz u dun look like one.. i believe u're still the li wen i knew.. juz that u wanna change.. or rather u feel like changing.. dunno lar..
anyways.. bear in mind that i'll be there too when u need me... Ganbate! bye bye..

July 21, 2005 8:23 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

Thanks Jon.

Both sides just have to draw the line. It is not only the one who's being nice have to say no, the one who's always taking advantage of people have to be more considerate too.

But who really cares? People are just selfish after all.

I don't know what others know about me. I do have weapons and armors. But sometimes I'm just glad that nobody notice them.

Thank you, Jon. I shall need you.

July 21, 2005 9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home