Sunday, August 28

[Life] Comparing Love

I would consider long when people ask me who will I place in the first place. My friends, my family, or my significant half? It was hard to answer, because I treat them equally.

Family are people who are blood-related to us since we were born. They know my habits at home but they don't know who I am when I'm at work. They don't know my achievements and my social skills with my superior and team mates.

Friends are people whom we meet as we grow. They are nice to be with, but they don't know who I am at home, they don't know who I am behind them. They don't know how I look under my skin, since most of the times, we were just talking craps and nothing more.

The significant other might as well as a lover, is someone that we lay special feelings on. I thought he would be someone like my friend and my family, so that he'll know different sides of me, the more complete me, but he couldn't and I didn't make him to be one. We need time. But he know the other side of me that nobody else's know.

Every relationship holds different meanings to me, so I don't compare. But if I really had to choose, I'll place my family as my first priority. Because I am fated to be their burden since I was born. They have the somewhat responsibility to look after me. They won't abandon me (completely) no matter how bad I am.

But the others might.

Thus I trust my blood - which is thicker than water.

For my own good.

But I still treat them equally now, because nobody wants me to choose.

If I didn't mention that I love them, it doesn't mean that I don't love them.
Just like if you don't talk, nobody will think that you're a mute.

2 Comments:

Blogger michelle murmured...

"just because i don't say i love them doesn't mean i don't".

.. heh.

:)

August 29, 2005 12:59 pm  
Blogger Cuixia murmured...

We're actually people of many faces. At home, we might put on a blue mask. With friends, we might wear a red one. Or with a special person, we can even be able to dress nothing at all. Laid it all out, bare-naked.

But in the end, whenever we're in deep shit, we turn to our own family members. Because they are the most trustworthy ones.

August 31, 2005 4:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home