Friday, August 12

[Thoughts] A Stupid Story

People used to post and forward love stories and give comments like "Oh, how sweet!"
Sometimes I wonder how old is the author who wrote the stories. You can read the story below, but there are some frequent grammar mistakes and the author used the word 'text' as a verb.

Jane is a typical college girl who enjoys life to the fullest.
She loves her boyfriend so much and texts him every now and then.
Mark is Jane's boyfriend who works in a call center in los angeles.
He's always busy doing so many things. He only manage to reply to Jane's texts when he got off from work.
One time mark receive a message from jane :
"hi baby! how are you? i miss you! call my house when u get home..take care! i love you!"

mark ignored the message because he always receive the same message whenever it is time for him to go home from work.

"baby, i miss you..did u eat yet?! take care when you get home! ill be waiting for your call..i love you!"

"baby, where are you?! its unfair that you dont reply to my texts... well, im just gonna wait for your call..i love you!"


Mark reaches home and lay on his bed. The last time he knew is that he's reading Jane's text. He was so tired he fall asleep and wasn't able to return jane's call. He can still hear his phone beeps but he's too tired to take a glimpse on the message.
When he woke up the next day, he remembers that he needs to call Jane. He ignored the
messages and dialed Jane's .
No one's answering in her house. He called up her cellphone and he was surprised that her father answered the call. In his voice you can feel his tears and hear his heart tearing apart.

"Mark, why havent you called?. Jane was waiting for your call all night!"

"Dad im sorry. i fell asleep being so tired from work... i was calling ur house but no one was
answering. where are you? so i can come over."

"Just meet me at jane's house." Mark went to Jane's house and much to his surprised he saw a
lot of people inside. The house were so lighted but you can see the gloom on every person you'll meet there. He was greeted by Jane's mom on tears.
She hug him tight and cried on his shoulders.

"Jane was waiting for you. She didnt come with us because she was waiting for your call. She was killed by robbers that broke in our house. Shes gone, Mark. She's gone."

"thats impossible..she texted me..how could this happen!"

Mark can't look who's inside the coffin. He can't move and it feels like his whole body is stuck on the chair hes seating on. He wanted to cry but it seems that something is blocking his tears to fall down. He turned to his phone and read the messages of Jane.

"baby, im not coming with my mom and dad.. im just gonna wait for your call.."

"baby..im so scared... it seems like theres someone downstairs..please call me now!"

"baby..someones here..they might kill me.. please call me now, where are you? i need you here..."

"baby.... i love you!..."

He wanted to shout and cry so loud. It's true that Jane is waiting for his call. Up to her last breath she only thinks about him.

He stared at Jane inside the coffin. Suddenly tears starts flowing down his cheeks. He can't say anything. The only words he uttered...

"My baby, i'm so sorry! I could have known, i could have fought for you! i'm really sorry! I love you so much!"

Now, post this right after u've read it.. only if u really luv sumone enuf..

I post this here because I love you enough. I don't like these kind of illogical stories being spread around like blessings. I don't think it's a good way to tell people to reply messages, it just doesn't make sense. The girl in the story is just, one word to describe, stupid. If you love someone, you would try your best to live on, not just keeping laughable one-sided promises and acting innocent.

But I seriously doubt that anyone would be so brainless to do as the girl did in the story. If there is, I hold no pity for the imbecile.

I don't understand those who had forwarded the story, and said that it was sad and treated it like a real life happening.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous murmured...

Not to mention the "Forward to save the baby", "New robber technic" and "if you don't send to........" e-mails.

August 12, 2005 8:46 am  
Blogger emmajeans murmured...

gah! I hate those, passionately!

texts, texting, texted are all common verbs at the high school where I work, such as "text me when you get home!"

Also, I severely doubt the Dalai Lama wants me to answer a bunch of questions and forward "his" test on to a bunch of friends (the more the better)~!

August 12, 2005 1:16 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

I see, thanks for informing. We uses 'message' instead of 'text'.

Weird internet trends...

August 12, 2005 1:26 pm  
Blogger michelle murmured...

yeah.. my sis also uses "text".. ppl in UK use "text" instead of "message" and "sms".. i got used to it already. LoL..

AND YOU USED MY QUOTE MAN! "if you love somebody you'll try your best to live on" or something like that..

if you still remember.

but if you don't, I WROTE IT and if you didn't get it from me, than great minds think alike :P

August 12, 2005 10:25 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

="= Mich...
Well I read that post of yours, and I had that thought for some time already. And you don't have to stress in CAPS that YOU wrote it. If I'm using somebody else's quotes or posts, I'll note it. I don't like the capital letters, sigh sorry, it annoys me. I don't know why but I actually hate caps.

August 13, 2005 10:21 pm  
Blogger michelle murmured...

FINE LA. SORRY TO ANNOY YOU LOR. I WAS ALSO A BIT 不爽 MA COS YOU NEVER MENTIONED THE SOURCE OF THAT QUOTE ANYWHERE IN YOUR POST.

LoL.. hahahaha. now my job of annoying you has been done, I can leave peacefully. :D

bwahahahhahaha.

August 13, 2005 11:18 pm  
Blogger michelle murmured...

ok nvm nvm. i realise that once again i have successfully managed to make a fool outta myself by typing before i think man.. can u just like do me a favour and like remove all my comments ah? ... -_-"

ehehe.

August 13, 2005 11:30 pm  
Blogger lili murmured...

People get schizophrenic sometimes.
I'm glad that you're so honest. Just like I'm honest to my feelings when it comes to the caps. Lolz.

Well seriously, I forgot to admit that - great minds think alike.

August 14, 2005 12:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home